When was the last time you used a pen?

Those days….

A pen was an important marketing tool for real estate agents, especially so when you need to seal a deal.

It’s amusing I have encountered many who have asked me for a pen when they realised they didn’t have one during those crucial “closing moments”. Be it during a form-filling process or signing of documents for clients. Even strangers in government departments reached out to me for a pen.


These days….

Fears have taken hold of our minds during the pandemic season. A pen is no longer a welcomed tool to save your face or deals, it is treated almost like a diseased object. To be safe, most rather use their own. I am sure you would to. 


The truth is ….

Well, for those who know me well, I always carry a pen in my handbag. Not one exactly, I have a variety of multicoloured pens. Blue, purple, black inked pen (non-smudge type), red pen and even a highlighter! I have a permanent marker pen kept in the car too. These 13cm (average length) tools comes in handy when you need to mark an item, and great for jotting down notes and ideas during waiting times.

 

Future pens…

A recent rental transaction was concluded without me leaving the house. Both parties signed a renewal form, updated the agreement with current information and terms, got it signed via email and directed the documents to the agency for stamping process. All the coordination was completed through phone calls, whatsapp messages, emails and e-signatures. Not a single drop of ink involved.

 

The fact is ….

Although on-line writing tools are needful in some cases, physical writing tools are still widely used in education and art industries and by people like me who at times prefers holding a pen than tapping on keyboards.

The power of a writing tool which we often overlooked, indeed have transformed lives and shaped communities.

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Martial Arts & Spice

Power Of Entrepreneurship - Jennifer Wong

A Big God